Palazzo di Propoaganda Fide and Oratory
In Rome’s Colonna district on the Via Due Macelli, here is the doorway of Borromini’s masterpiece Palazzo di Propoaganda Fide and Oratory (1650-64). This remains an extraterritorial property of the Holy See and the building still houses the SPF (Society for the Propagation of the Faith: think Francis Cardinal Spellman in 1953 on the death of Stalin, etc. with those letter behind him.). It’s an incredibly tight space and impossible to get a whole facade shot without angling from the side. This door and the curves in the facade are a response to that tight relationship with the street.
Photographer: James Russiello of Bath Daily Photo.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.