To increase chances of acceptance, images submitted should be well composed, with attention paid to exposure and color balance. As for the door itself, even if it’s a weathered door which has seen better days, if it has interesting detail and is well photographed, it still could work.
Here are some criteria:
1. It should be a close-up shot of a doorway with as little of the surroundings as possible.
2. It should be a photo of one single doorway or gate. No composites.
3. It must be a photo that you took yourself.
4. The shot should preferably be colorful, but the door itself doesn’t necessarily have to be.
5. Color photos only. No black & white.
6. Include some information about the shot. Is it an office building or a residence? The city and country where it was taken is a must.
7. Include the URL to your website to which you would like me to link, if you have one.
8. Minimum size must be 375 pixels width by 500 pixels height. A too small image will be immediately rejected.
9. Photos must be emailed to me for consideration.
All contributions will be fully credited to you with a link back to your site.
Images accepted by Doorways Around the World may be cropped, straightened and/or color balanced. Other minor enhancements may be made as deemed necessary to meet the artistic standard of this site.
Send submissions to mariemcc303-roadtoveracruz at yahoo dot com. Only submissions which follow the guidelines will be acknowledged.
Thank you for your interest.